The Pros and Cons of Swamp Coolers in Salt Lake City
Swamp coolers are a great way to stay cool inside. They are a cheaper alternative to air conditioning, and have a number of benefits to using them. The cooling experts in Salt Lake City at Neerings are here to explain some of the pros and cons of these evaporative cooling systems.
Pros of Swamp Coolers
- They use less energy than AC systems.
- They can lower temperatures by 20 degrees.
- They are fairly easy to maintain. The pads need to be changed, and they need to be cleaned out. If you ever need swamp cooler repair in Salt Lake City, an expert can help.
Cons of Swamp Coolers
- Swamp coolers don’t work well in inside settings that are hotter than 95 degrees.
- They do not work well in humid settings.
- They need more professional maintenance and upkeep than traditional ACs.
- They can leak, which is an issue especially if they are on a roof.
- They use a lot of water.
The key to making sure swamp cooler installation is right for you is talking with an expert. Here at Neerings, we can come to your home in Salt Lake City and let you know if it would be a benefit at your property. Call us now for more details!