If Your Water Heater is More than 10 Years Old, You Need to Read This!
Your water heater could break down any minute. Do you know what signs to watch out for? Do you often wonder “how long should water heaters last?” Conventional storage-tank water heaters are made to last for 10 to 13 years, but that isn’t the only reason to consider replacing your water heater.
First off, here are a few signs of water heater problems that you should never ignore, especially if your heater is reaching the end of its lifespan:
- Water won’t get hot.
- Water gets hot, but it takes longer than it should.
- Your water doesn’t get as hot as it did in the past.
- You hear strange noises when you turn on the hot water
- The water has a brown tint or unusual smell.
- Puddles around or under your water heater
- Noticeable leaks/drips
Replacement or Water heater Repair in Salt Lake City?
Conventional water heaters are pretty simple. Cold water enters the tank and is heated by a gas burner or electric element. The temperature is controlled by a thermostat. The heated water causes pressure to build in the tank, and when you turn on the tap, the pressure sends your hot water out of the faucet.
As a simple system, many problems are relatively easy to fix. But if your heater is more than 10 years old, Salt Lake City water heater replacement is your best option.
- New water heaters use 20% less energy.
- A new water heater can save $700 on every costs over the life of the unit.
- Repairs can be expensive, and older water heaters are likely to break down again in the near future.
New Water Heater in Salt Lake City
Ready to upgrade to a new water heater in Salt Lake City? Let the experts right here at Neerings Plumbing & Heating help. From helping you choose the right water heater for your home or even providing water heater repair in Salt Lake City, to getting it installed at a time that suits your schedule and providing affordable and reliable maintenance, we do it all!
Don’t wait until you have no hot water or you have a huge puddle on your basement floor. Get your new water heater now from Neerings Plumbing & Heating. Call now!